Friday, October 07, 2005

BA BA BAA BA!

Also in Chicago, the girls went to ‘school’ everyday that we had classes learning how to learn a new language. At the end of the four weeks, the kids put on a show with the song “I just want to be a sheep, Ba Ba BA Ba” as the showstopper.

The other day, Renee and I were having dinner in a restaurant. They hand you a menu, they return in a few minutes to announce that most of what you’ve read, they don’t have. So this day they returned to say they didn’t have any beef. We have already experienced Mutton and not sure we want to try Goat, or Horse meat without a Mongolian friend as a guide. Then the waitress points out that the Gulash is beef, and they have that. So when it comes it tastes pretty good, until Renee asks, “Do you think this is beef?” I did. But I also tasted some of the chunks of meat were smelling and tasting like Mutton. So I guess it had beef, and also Mutton.

So we amended our favorite children’s song from Chicago, "I just want to EAT a Sheep, BA BA BA BAH."

No comments: