Thursday, January 24, 2013

Brighter Days

"I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent."  Luke 15

Yesterday I got to see someone say "I believe Jesus died and came to life again to save me" for the first time.  "Erik" is a man about 30 who I taught English to last year. It was a Cama center team effort in that probably 3 employees and as many volunteers have been befriending and pulling for him to come to faith. 

It was rewarding and energizing to sit in a circle in of men inside River of Love church studying Romans 10:9: "If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

And then this young man announced "I now believe and can say today for the first time that I am saved."

"But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory hrough our Lord Jesus Christ."
I Cor 15:57

No comments: