Tuesday, February 28, 2006

"You Guys Are Good"

Parents out there, how long has it been since you got a compliment from your children? A couple times lately, we've heard the high praise from ours: "You Guys Are Good!"

It came at dinner both times out of a universal human pleasure, satisfaction from a good meal. Now many of you know Renee is a good cook, and getting ingredients here isn't like stopping off at Giant Eagle or Safeway. So why am I still reveling in the praise? I married well. And I can relate. The hunger here is severe, maybe from the high dry air. Whatever the cause, I counted the sentiment as noteworthy and thought I better write about it. Hopefully I'll remember in those later teen years when such tender morsels of affection may not flow so freely.

The other thought is that if a child knows how praise his parents, maybe that's why Jesus advises we be like children. Instead of just passing the potatoes, we should remember to "Pass the praise Please". So I'm passing it on to you. We couldn't be here were it not for the friendship of so many who read this. And Renee couldn't put good things on the table if it weren't for those who love God enough to sacrifice financially so that we can eat, and people here can find their Father, and say to the Triune Heavenly Host: "You Guys Are Good"

Matthew 18:3
And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I.m so glad things are going well for you there. Please say hi to Maggie and Lydia for me.
Love Shannon Farley

Anonymous said...

Amen Jer!! Thanks for taking the time to write these precious morsels of truth! May we in turn praise our children in the same way!!
Love to you all,
The Wilsons