Monday, March 06, 2006

Boy Named Sue

Any fans of Johnny Cash out there? I never thought I would identify so closely the song he made popular, written by Shel Silverstein.

Last week our pastor did two things. 1/ asked me to talk in front of everybody for 15 minutes in Mongolian. 2/ Gave me a Mongolian name. Number one is behind me now. Number two may stick around a little longer.

My new name sounds like Sue Hay, but in cyrillic is spelled Cuxee. Everyone seems to like it, especially Mongolians. Probably that's because Cuxee is the name of Mongolia's national hero who freed the country from Chinese rule in 1920. The name means Ax. Since he became a hero, they call him as Cuxbataar, which means Ax Hero. There's a city up near Russia named after him.

Hearing me called Cuxee, you may think of the American name grin to the lyrics of the song: "A Boy Named Sue"

1 comment:

Jeremy and Renee said...

We can't wait to see it. We heard its almost as good as Ray, very similar. Look forward to it. Heard it won some Oscars.